- In 1984 the three parishes of Fewston with Blubberhouses, Farnley and Leathley became a United Benefice.
- In 1996 the Priest-in-Charge of the three parishes became the then Vicar of the parish of Weston and Denton in nearby Wharfedale.
- The four parishes formally became a United Benefice - Washburn and Mid-Wharfe - in June 2008.
The Benefice churches work closely with two Methodist churches (Timble and Norwood) forming the Washburn Valley and Mid-Wharfe Churches.
The eight churches
- pray together mid-week
- hold joint bible study and discussion groups
- worship together on the 5th Sunday of the month
- have a joint Parish Magazine - 'The Washburn Valley and Mid-Wharfe Churches Magagzine' published every month.
- hold regular meetings of both Anglican and Methodist clergy
- share Lent and Advent meetings
- have a joint Christian Aid week campaign
All these events can be seen on the Calendar
Washburn and Mid-Wharfe churches:
Timble, Denton, Fewston, Farnley, Norwood, Leathley, Weston and Blubberhouses